WATCH THE REPLAY… for one of the most important topics affecting all of us—HEALTHCARE!
Moderator: Dr. Darryl Plecas, Former Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia and Author, “The Essentials of Leadership in Government” and UFV Professor Emeritus
Hosted By: Devonshire Dementia Care Home
Add a world PANDEMIC to healthcare and it is even more critical to have an honest session and a Call To Action. We know that access to good health care impacts a person’s overall physical, social, and mental health status and quality of life; yet we still have not figured out how can society deliver health care productively while expanding its access and enhancing its quality? Did we fail the most vulnerable in our society? Why didn’t we take better care of our elderly? Do we have different standards for minorities and women? How can we as citizens compassionately find new solutions and innovations through collaborative communication with those dedicated to Saving Lives?
There is no ONE solution to improving our Healthcare. But what COVID taught us is that there was an increased burden on families, patients and caregivers. “Humanizing Healthcare” brings together prominent leaders and professionals whose innovative ideas and approaches in a variety of healthcare fields can provide ways to make breakthroughs. At #EXCELerate2021 you will hear them share their views on the need for more teamwork, collaborative communication, and provide ideas on the investment healthcare deserves to support the most vulnerable in our society.
- Carolyn Cross, Chairman & CEO, Ondine Biomedical Inc.
- Dr. Alex Mihailidis, Scientific Director & CEO, AGE-WELL
- Dr. Angela Marshall, President & CEO, Comprehensive Women’s Health
- Dr. Martha Dow, Director, Community Health & Social Innovation Hub (Chasi)
- Laura Tamblyn Watts, President & CEO, Canada’s National Seniors’ Advocacy Organization (CanAge)
- Ron Beleno, Care-giver, AGE-WELL